Belgian Trade Mission to India - November 2013
HRH Princess Astrid of Belgium led a high-level trade and economic mission to India on November 23-29, 2013.
The delegation of around 300 to 400 people travelled to New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai to build business relationships and find new opportunities for economic development. The event is one of those rare opportunities where Indian companies can work on new tie-ups with these technology-rich companies. B2B meetings, seminars, conferences and networking events were organised. The programme was multi-sector but with some focus.
- Diamonds (New Delhi and Mumbai)
- Logistics and cold chain (New Delhi)
- Infrastructures and logistics (Mumbai and Chennai)
- Cleantech, renewable energy and environmental technologies (New Delhi and Mumbai)
- Automobile sector (Chennai)
- Healthcare: Medical, Pharma, Biotechnology (New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai)
- Luxury goods, luxury tourism and shopping (New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai)
- Invest in Belgium (New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai)
- Gourmet consumer products (Chennai)
Apart from the official programme, the following activities were organised:
- High level B2B meetings
- Customised seminars and conferences for Indian Businesses
- Opportunities to network with the delegation of high-ranking officials as well as hundreds of businesspeople representing leading Belgian companies
- MOU and contract signing ceremonies
On the official level HRH Princess Astrid was joined among others, by HE Didier Reynders, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and European Affairs. And, our Brussels Capital Minister, HE Minister Céline Fremault, Minister of Economy, Employment, Scientific Research and Foreign Trade of the Brussels-Capital Region.